7.27.2006

Books

I'm not crazy about blog memes, but I love books, so I couldn't resist. Links open in a new window.

1. One book that changed your life:

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard. The first book that comes to mind when people ask me what my favourite book is.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

The Brothers Karamazov. The greatest novel ever? I have no doubt. The Pevear/Volokhonsky translation is the best.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. Technically three books.

4. One book that made you laugh:

Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. Also the best novel I've read in a couple of years.

5. One book that made you cry:

I don't recall ever crying because of a book. What can I say, I'm not much of a cryer.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

I wish Jesus had written the Gospel himself. Along with a lengthy and detailed explanation of what he had in mind for his little "movement."

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

The Book of Revelation. It just wasn't worth the trouble.

8. One book you’re currently reading:

Sex, Ecology, Spirituality: The Spirit of Evolution by Ken Wilber. Almost done.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

Ulysses by James Joyce. I'll get around to it someday.

10. Now tag five people:

You, you, you, you, and...you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

I like your desert island choice! Although maybe Ulysses would be a better choice? That may be the only way I ever get through the whole thing (bought it, got through page one...it's still sitting there on my shelf, right next to my unread Finnegan's Wake).

Hey -- maybe we should read it together! Get a bunch of bloggers together to crack it as a group?

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger PrickliestPear said...

Sounds like an interesting idea. I could do that, sure.

4:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.