9.14.2006

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert: Signs of the End Times

I just watched this amusing/disturbing video of Fred Phelps, pastor of Westboro Baptist Church (home of the very Christian "godhatesfags" website). I have read about Phelps, but I had never seen him before. He seems like quite a serious guy. I wonder if he ever laughs, or even smiles. Hard to imagine.

Anyway, if you think Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and William Donohue are extreme, you need to see Phelps. I'm not entirely sure, but I think he implied that Stephen Colbert's "Good evening Godless sodomites" line at the recent Emmy Awards was a sign of the end times. I'd watch it again, but it's 10 minutes long, and that's about all I can take right now. Much of the video is of Phelps criticising Colbert and Jon Stewart, although it's hard to tell if Phelps has ever seen them apart from their appearance at the Emmys.

You can see the video here. It's quite surreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.